The unconditional love of a pet does more than keep you company.Pets, especially dogs have been providing security, comfort and even improve health. Pets provide companionship, emotional support, increase social activities, add to children’s emotional development, boost your mood and so much more.
Scientists are observing potential physical and mental health benefits of having pets – from fish to guinea pigs, to dogs and cats.
After a long work day, it's the best feeling when your pet is waiting for you and you get to unwind with them.
- Here are 5 reasons why you should definitely have a pet:
- Best Companions - an antidote to loneliness : If you live by yourself or with family working different shift patterns, it can get lonely awfully lonely at home, unless you have a pet to keep you company. Pets offer loving companionship. A single child or anyone who probably lives alone would agree that pets are the best blessing to them. They always lend you a listening ear and are there for you to cheer you up. Pets provide you with unconditional love. Spending time with your pet becomes the best part of your day.
- They make you more responsible : Pets, make people more responsible. Kids who have pets from a young age learn nurturing and empathy.Whether it is taking the animals for a walk, cleaning up after them or catering to their needs, no matter how big or small,children learn to nurture and care for other beings. Pets teach valuable life lessons like responsibility, trust, compassion, respect and patience. Spending time with pets provides them companionship and shows them that there is more fun in sharing their time and space with another living being.
- Companions for seniors : We have already mentioned the health benefits of having a pet. Not only they provide emotional and mental support, they are perfect companions for older adults to live more fulfilling lives. Seniors with pets are less likely to have depression or anxiety and don’t feel as lonely. A simple act of just petting a dog or cat or interacting with a bird can bring so much joy to them. They improve overall health and activity like walking, grooming and playing which in turn increases their social interaction and physical well-being.
- You will save a life : For various reasons, almost millions of cat and dog lose their lives because of lack of shelter and unavailability of food to them. When you pet an animal, you are saving a life. If not anything else, one can just provide them with a small shelter and food to eat. This is probably the greatest form of humanity.
- Reduce stress and improve mental health : Life these days is stressful leading to numerous health problems. Everyone's life today includes running around, work-related pressures and trying to balance personal and professional life. While all this is enough to give you stress, pets ensure a happy environment around them and reduce stress levels among humans.Studies have shown that pets lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels. It’s no secret that pets make you happy. They ease loneliness and raise feel-good chemicals leading to positivity.Becoming a pet parent changes your life and brings so much joy and love. It’s always a win-win situation to bring home a pet. Yes, they do require time and effort but that’s what builds a healthy emotional relationship and a loving bond between you and them. At the end of the day, the positive energy created by pets is all worth it.